Versatile Arts divides aerial skills into four levels. The courses in our general Class Progression are named based on the level of skills being taught in each class.
Below are examples of skills at each of the four levels at VA. The complete list of skills in the VA curriculum, with their level and priority rankings, can be found in the Versatile Arts Skills Tracker. Log in to my.versatilearts.net and select Personal Skills Tracker to access it.
- Rope/Tissu: Wrap and Russian climbs, catcher’s hang, fake flag, single and double foot lock, flying Dutchman, basic hip lock, salto.
- Trapeze: Knee beats, body beats, basket mount, bird’s nest, mermaid, angel, candlestick, gazelle, standing on the bar, hip hang, front balance.
- Rope/Tissu: straddle climb, scissor hip lock, windmill (wheeldown), Brazilian eye, aerial dance footlock, angel drop
- Trapeze: Pullovers, rock & roll, montreal, single knee hang, egg in the ropes, amazon, catchers rollup, ankle hang
- Rope/Tissu: rope beats, fancy catcher’s, double star, combination drops (salto star, etc), open dives, belay
- Trapeze: Pullovers, hip circles, forward and backward rolls, ooze/drop to ankles, Russian roll, toe hang
- Rope/Tissu: hiplock rollup, pinwheel rollup, pirouette
- Trapeze: single toe hang, back/front/side planche, back circles, pullover to angel