Before leaving home
- Make sure you have signed the COVID-19 consent form
- Fill your water bottle
- Change into your workout clothes
- Pack your spray rosin if you have it, or bring a small bag for us to put some rock rosin in for you.
- Bring a personal bottle of sanitizer if you have one that you want to keep near you while training
- Bring a spare mask in case yours gets saturated during class. A face towel is a good idea as well.
- Take your temperature if you are able to do so at home
- Do as much warmup as possible on your own
Note: If you are using your own equipment for class, it must either live at VA or be delivered at least one hour before class so it can be pre-rigged. Discuss this with your instructor before the first class.
- Mask up! Cloth face coverings are required in all common areas.
- Ring the doorbell and then wait outside the studio until your instructor lets you in. If others are waiting, maintain 6’ distancing on the sidewalk.
- Once inside, maintain proper distancing with others also waiting to be checked in. Look for the spacing indicators on the entry ramp.
- Check in with your instructor or other monitor on duty. They will ask you the daily screening questions, take your temperature using a contact-free thermometer if you did not take it at home, spritz you with hand sanitizer, and sign you in.
- Remove your shoes and outerwear and place them, along with anything you don’t need to have with you, in a cubby in the lobby. Choose a cubby unit away from other people stowing their things in order to maintain 6′ distancing.
- Put all belongings you want to have with you (water bottle, spare mask, notebook, phone, etc) in a small bin and place it by your assigned point (your instructor will tell you which one).
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Maintain at least 6ft of distance between you and the other students at all times
- Wear a cloth face covering. Coverings may be removed while taking breaks on the ground. If your breathing becomes labored, take a break. It takes time to adjust to exercising in a mask.
- Follow proper mask handling protocol (as posted in the studio) to remove and replace your mask.
- Only your instructor may rig, change equipment, and touch studio audio devices, computer, light switches, fans, etc.
- If using VA aerial equipment, use only the equipment you have been assigned.
- Stay at or near your assigned point/over your mat, including during warmups.
- If you need to use the restroom, make sure to wash your hands first; close the toilet lid before flushing; touch as few surfaces as possible with your hands (use elbows, paper towels, etc) and wash hands again after. Prop the bathroom door open when you leave.
- Allow your instructor to de-rig your equipment if using your own.
- If you are storing your equipment at VA, place it in its own container and store it safely in your allotted place.
- Spray your mat with germicide – look for the green spray bottles. Do not wipe down – it must sit for 10 minutes to be effective, so you can just spray and go.
- Carry your bin back to the lobby.
- Collect any and all personal items from your bin and cubby. Do not leave anything behind.
- Spray your bin with disinfectant (look for clear bottles marked ethanol or alcohol) and set aside in the lobby where directed. Again, no wiping needed – it will air dry.
- Do not linger in the lobby after your session. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.
- Wash/sanitize your hands before leaving the building
- Feel great about the fact that you are back in class!