The state of the COVID pandemic continues to fluctuate. Our policies as of March 4, 2022 are as stated below but are subject to change based on local case counts and mandates.
Proof of full COVID vaccination* is required for anyone training at VA. Exceptions will be made only for those with written medical exemptions from an MD. No refund will be given to participants who fail to produce proof of full vaccination before their first activity at the studio.
We strongly recommend that everyone eligible for a booster shot receive one as soon as possible but are not specifically requiring them at this time.
Anyone found to have misrepresented their vaccination status, whether by presenting a forged card or other means, will be permanently barred from training at Versatile Arts.
The WA state and King County mask mandates were lifted on March 11. We are revising our own policy as follows:
Watch this space as our policy is likely to change based on current COVID statistics and/or local ordinances should they be reinstated.
The situation around quarantining and/or testing after possible COVID exposure has become increasingly complex to navigate. As of March 4 2022, Versatile Arts has defined the following policy:
1. If you or someone in your household/pod is exhibiting symptoms OR if you have been notified of a first-degree exposure (meaning someone you were with at an event/restaurant/etc) has tested positive, you must test or quarantine before coming in.
2. If you have been in a situation that creates a higher risk of exposure, such as attending a large gathering, traveling by air or train (whether domestic or international), or having visitors to your home from higher-risk areas, we do not currently require testing/quarantining but ask you to mask at the studio for 10 days.
Meeting the testing/quarantining requirement would mean meeting at least one of the following:
– at least 5 days “clear” – meaning since last symptoms or last known possible exposure (this is based on current CDC guidelines but….longer is better)
– a negative PCR test taken 3-5 days after exposure/last symptoms
– at least two negative rapid tests taken 2 days apart (ideally one of the brands known to detect omicron, such as the BinaxNOW and the Quidel QuickVue)
A negative rapid test taken immediately before coming to the studio is a fairly good indicator that for the next 5-7 hours, you are unlikely to be spreading COVID, but is good for that day only.
If you have questions about whether your specific circumstance calls for testing before returning to the studio, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss it.
All participants must wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival. Hand sanitizer is available in all studios and should be used before handling any rigging.
Equipment Sharing/Spotting/Partner Work
Most of our policies related to social distancing have been relaxed for fully-vaccinated, masked participants. This means those participants may engage in partner work/doubles, may share equipment during class, and staff members may provide up-close, hands-on spotting.
Any mats used by a participant during their training should be sprayed and wiped after use. Mat cleaner and hand towels are available in all studios.
Tissus and slings are sprayed with Vital Oxide sanitizer once a week and laundered monthly. All other studio surfaces are cleaned at least weekly.
The exhaust fan in the Cathedral draws air up and out of the whole building and is run any time there are multiple people training. When the weather permits, the front doors are kept open to provide additional air flow.
The below all apply to fully-vaccinated participants. We are not currently allowing unvaccinated participants.
*Fully vaccinated means that you are at least two weeks past your final vaccine dose (or single dose of a one-dose vaccine like Johnson and Johnson).