> Versatile Arts Safe Start Plan
The VA team has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and the King County guidelines for fitness-related businesses. You are welcome to read the full Phase 2 plan but the salient parts are summarized below. Some of these steps may seem excessive, but as always, your safety is our highest concern and we would rather do too much than too little.
Our original reopening plan was based on the four-phase approach outlined by Washington state at the beginning of the pandemic. That approach has since been replaced by the 2-phase Roadmap to Recovery, which thankfully allows us to re-reopen in a limited capacity. As of Jan 11, 2021, we are reworking our offerings to align with the new local guidelines for fitness operations. (We are self-identifying as a low-risk activity based on the fact that gymnastics studios and climbing gyms are also in that category.) We are updating our Phases of Reopening document, which provides more details as well as detailed instructions for participants.
For a lighthearted-but-informative explanation of all the new safety procedures check out our new PSA video .
What you can expect when you return to the studio:
- Everyone must sign a new COVID-19 waiver. (Note: please use the same name as the one on your VAMP account to avoid creating a duplicate login.)
- Screening of symptoms will happen before each visit. Please stay home if you are unwell!
- Masks will be required at all times, including while training. We sell custom-fitted, polypropylene masks for $10 that stay in place during even the most vigorous workout. Go to our Merchandise page to order one.
- Physical distancing of at least 6′ will be maintained in all spaces.
- No equipment-sharing except between members of the same household or by explicit consent of all participants. Instructors will have their own equipment available for demo-ing. Students may use their own aerial equipment BUT it must be approved by VA staff and come from a known and reputable provider.
- Hand-washing/sanitizing will happen frequently by both students and staff
- Shared rosin/chalk bins and water dispensers will no longer be available. Fill your water bottle at home, and either buy spray rosin from us or bring a little ziplock bag and we’ll give you some rock rosin (an old sock makes a good rosin container, but put that in a bag to avoid getting rosin on everything you own).
- Spotting will be reduced to those practices deemed safe for both parties, and will only happen with consent.
- Studio time will be limited in order to minimize your potential exposure.
- Disinfection of shared surfaces will happen daily, using products approved by the EPA to kill SARS-CoV-2. Products we are using:
- Ethanol spray on high-touch surfaces (bins, cubbies, light switches, etc) as well as some aerial equipment (trapeze bars in particular) and hardware
- KenClean Plus on mats
- VitalOxide on aerial equipment like fabrics and ropes after use.
- Lysol and 409 -brand products in the bathrooms
A note or two about training in masks:
- Start slowly – it takes time to adjust to it!
- If you feel light-headed or head-achy, STOP and rest.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Bring extra masks in case yours gets saturated (we will also have them available at the studio)
- Test that your mask will stay on when inverted and that you can see around it in a variety of orientations.
- Masks with vents are a no-no as they do not protect others from your exhalations. If your mask is vented, you must tape over the vent or wear another cover over it.
- Bonus points for having your mask match your outfit. 🙂
Versatile Arts is following the CDC and DOH recommendations for quarantine after potential exposure, air travel, or participation in activities outside of what is currently allowed by local ordinance. If you may have been exposed, have traveled by air (or other long-distance public transportation), or have engaged in behavior not currently advised by local ordinance (e.g., attended non-socially-distanced, un-masked indoor events with people outside of your household), please observe the following before returning to the studio:
- Get a COVID test 3-5 days after the last potential exposure/travel/etc and quarantine for 7 days , OR
- Quarantine for 10 days
NOTE: if you have been fully vaccinated – meaning you are at least 2 weeks past your second vaccination – you do not have to quarantine. You do still have to follow all other COVID protocols at the studio.